- Learn from experts every month for free
- Valuable information direct to your email
- Easy to read and you can cancel anytime
Unless you really just haven’t been paying attention, you’ve heard of Six Sigma. It’s making serious waves in the business world, and even with government agencies and nonprofit organizations. It also makes an excellent career choice for those who want to maximize their employability and their earning potential. However, there are a few things that you’ll need to understand prior to jumping into a program for Six Sigma training in Orlando. Those things include what companies are hiring, how to choose a quality training program and what courses you should consider.
Finding Work as a Six Sigma Pro
Once you’ve completed your Six Sigma training in Orlando, you’ll need to get out there and submit your resume. It helps to know what companies are hiring. There’s good news here, a broad range of companies need the services that only certified Six Sigma professionals can deliver. Just a handful of the many companies hiring right now includes the following:
- Houghton Mifflin Company
- Adventist Health System
- ASO LLC
- Harris Corporation
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
- Modis, Inc.
- Jabil Circuit
- Insight Global
- CVS Caremark
- Aon Hewitt
- West Pharmaceutical Services
In fact, you’ll find that Orlando and the surrounding area have some of the highest demand for Six Sigma professionals in the country, which means you really have your choice of industry and position.
Choosing a Six Sigma Training in Orlando Program
Now that you can clearly see just how many companies are actively seeking credentialed professionals, it’s time to take a look at how to choose a Six Sigma training program in Orlando. It’s not as easy as you might think, but as long as you follow these few simple steps, you’ll be fine.
First, check the company’s reputation. They should be known for quality training and excellent service. Second, make sure the company has been in business for a decent length of time. Third, ensure that the training provider offers a full range of training options (all belt levels).
In addition to choosing a good company for Six Sigma training in Orlando, you also need to know what type of certification is right for your specific needs. There are five options available, including:
- Six Sigma White Belt – White belt programs are basic, introductory courses that provide you with a good overview of Six Sigma principles and prepare you to help gather data for process improvement teams.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt – Yellow belt programs are one up from white belt programs, and offer a more in-depth overview. You will also earn the credentials to be part of a Six Sigma team.
- Six Sigma Green Belt – Green belt programs teach you about being part of a team, as well as leadership skills. However, education is not as advanced as what’s given to black belt holders.
- Six Sigma Black Belt – Black belt programs provide a firm grounding in all areas of Six Sigma and prepare you for leadership roles in a variety of situations.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Master black belt programs are designed for those who want to enter upper management positions or to start their own Six Sigma consulting firm.
Based on this information, you should not only be able to choose a good company for Six Sigma training in Orlando, but the right belt level for your immediate and future needs.